Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The 5 most ridiculous messages I received on a dating website

Let me start out by saying that I would never want to ridicule or mock anyone for putting themselves out there and sending a genuine message of interest to someone they liked on a dating website. Nor would I mock anyone for using online dating, I do it myself.
I just happened to receive a few very unusual messages that either so perplexing or shit-stirring enough to win a public posting on my blog! Congrats gents! (I've covered their faces and usernames)
Woah Woah wee-wow let's go.


1.   U interested?
 I found it kind of hilarious that he thinks I'd be better suited for his brother, and asked if I was interested in said brother without knowing ANYTHING AT ALL about the guy. It's certainly not an offensive message in any way, but it definitely didn't strike my interest.



2.   Twizzler Commercial
 I'm not even saying anything about how random that is.



3.   Shark Cactus Bear Spaghetti Webcam Date
 Now that I look at this, it's actually pretty sweet. I'm still maintaining that this message was ridiculous, but in a positive way.



4.  If You Know What I mean...
 THIS guy seemed to really have some nerve. Of course, upon receiving it I immediately wondered which picture of mine he could be referring to, but I got the feeling he just uses this as some kind of opening line that is more guaranteed to get a response than most. I almost responded with some snarky comment, but decided just to ignore it.
I have a friend who is also on this dating site and she also received the same message from the same guy, it's obviously his weird line he sends to everyone.



5.  To Be Honest
 DING DING DING This one is THE WINNER, the most ridiculous message OF ALL TIME.
I have no doubt in my mind that this guy copies and pastes this into many messages. I'm just SO confused as to why this is his approach. 
Ooo I want this girl to message me back, I'm going to tell her that I'm sleeping with one girl but more interested in HER, that will work!
No. 




2 comments:

  1. Here's my question: Why is it that when people have far more than 140 characters, they still write comments like illiterate 6 year-olds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Some of these are pretty bad. And that's not just talking about grammar.

    ReplyDelete